Behind the scenes
Throughout the series there are many hidden easter eggs related to the number seven:
- Spit Fyre's first flight starts on the seventh floor of the Wizard Tower.
- Septimus Heap's name means seventh.
- Septimus is the 777th ExtraOrdinary Wizard.
- Septimus a seventh son of a seventh son.
- There are seven Physikal scribes.
- There are seven main characters (Septimus, Jenna, Beetle, Marcia, Nicko, Snorri, and Wolf Boy).
- There are seven books in the series.
- Marcellus needed a seventh son of a seventh son to make the eternal youth potion.
- The seventh sons are presumably the most powerful in Magyk.
- Boy 412 (4 + 1 + 2 = 7).
- 49 chapters per book (7 * 7 = 49).
- At 1:33, the items in the book will go back in time. 1+3+3=7.
- Hotep-Ra's favorite number seems to be 21, as seen in the fact that he made 21 Questing Stones and that he made 21 codewords for the Committal for Shamandrigger Saarn and Drommondonner Naarn. (21 = 7*3).